Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Mink Brook

 I've joined a women's walking group that gathers at different spots to hike/walk on Wednesday mornings. Yesterday since I didn't know where we were to meet, I carpooled with two of the members to Mink Brook.

The temperature was perfect 60º with low humidity.  I took these few photos.






This single log bridge was closed.  We crossed the brook downstream where stepping stones had been positioned for crossing. (no photo)



This was the second walk I've taken with the group. The first one I went on didn't require me to drive since it was up a road near my house.  I don't know where the destination will be next week.


10 comments:

Tom said...

...this beautiful walk reminds me of my beloved Adirondacks.

acorn hollow said...

I think that is a wonderful thing to have a walking group. There is a hiking group at Castle in the clouds that I want to join but for now I work on the days they hike. Looks like a lovely place to hike.
Cathy

David M. Gascoigne, said...

That really was just about perfect weather for a walk. I hope you continue to enjoy the group.

Anvilcloud said...

I know that there are walking groups around here and sometimes they drive a fairly long way to walk.

Vicki Lane said...

What a nice thing to do! Lovely pictures!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would love to try to get a few women to walk with me this Fall. There are a lot of walkers in my neighborhood but they don't ever go out on the trails. Looks like my kind of fun there with you! Can I tag along?

Marcia LaRue said...

Your pictures are so cool and earthy looking ... you can imagine the smell of the moss on those boulders!

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh thanks for stopping a few moments to take these photos. It looks like a very lovely place to walk, and you sure had good weather!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It is nice to have folks to walk with Marcia and also nice that the weather was not too hot. It looks like a lovely walk from the photos you showed.

Cynthia said...

Nice to have a group to walk with and keep you motivated. Great temps for summer walking!