Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Work in Progress

 I'm making an angel using an old shutter and reclaimed wood from the old loft in the barn.

But I goofed!

I didn't look at this inspiration photo from Pinterest before I had Dan attach the wings.


I set the wings too low.


I think I'll have to take off the bottom wing board and attach it above.  The head's off-center too but that's going to have to stay that way because he drilled through the tart pan to attach to shutter.

Still need to decide about arms.

Any suggestions are welcome.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...does everything need to perfect?

Anvilcloud said...

Carry on.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good for you all!

Marcia LaRue said...

How are the wings attached? Can they simply be removed and placed higher? Or find a board a bit longer then the top board and have 4 wing feathers rather then only 3.

Cynthia said...

Whoops! Definitely need to be higher. Otherwise she won’t be able to fly! :-)

DrumMajor said...

what would it look like to put the two bottom short boards above the others, with the short boards being the first set of wing parts? Lovely idea. Linda in Kansas