Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Coming Attractions to this Blog

 


Last Saturday we took the tour of these historical barns.  I took lots of photos that need some editing and sorting but haven't had the time to do that yet.

We learned a lot about the construction and age of our barn or at least elements of it. 

We saw barns in all sorts of condition: renovated to almost falling down.

So more coming on barns soon.  Off today to a garden tour at St. Gaudens National Park and this afternoon a book group discussion of These Precious Days by Anne Patchett.

8 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I thought I'd taken a couple of good butterfly shots today, but then I see the glorious Swallowtail in your header photo. Will you be opening your historic barn in the years to come?

Barbara Rogers said...

Love your butterfly header. Looking forward to barns barns barns! Enjoy book group!

Sue in Suffolk said...

Barns don't stay empty here long - they are soon turned into houses!

Tom said...

...I will be looking forward to seeing them.

Vicki Lane said...

Wonderful butterfly capture!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am very much looking forward to the barn tour.

Anvilcloud said...

Barns are so interesting and often photogenic.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I smiled when I read the name of the town for the barn tour as i grew up in the city of Plainfield, but my hometown is in NJ. I don't know if there were many barns but suspect there may have been years ago, but not any I recall seeing.