Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

The Last of Newport

 Look at this : Newport, RI collects garbage to compost.


One final walk through Newport to share some of the sights.







I thought this tree magnificent.




And it's grown around the fence



George Washington was standing on the side of the library.







Down on the wharf we spied a tall ship.












Look closely at this pot.  There are spears of forsythia coming out of the center,





That's it for Newport.

8 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

What an interesting and historic place to visit! I hope I can go there someday. Thank you for sharing your pictures. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Tom said...

...what a gorgeous area!

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonder which tall ship that was... I've got some ancestors buried there. But I've never visited and would enjoy the whole town!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like the weather wasn't cooperative on your visit, marcia, but still you managed to get out and about as we would have done too. Newport is on list of places to visit as last year's plans were cancelled.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Parts of it look very English, till you notice that many buildings are made of wood. Food and garden waste has been collected for composting for years here, and you can go along to the depot and have as much of the finished product for free - just bring a shovel and a container. It's pretty good to add to the soil too; at first I was worried that it may contain weed seeds but no problems encountered.

Vicki Lane said...

Great photos! I love the beech roots.

Faith said...

I haven't been to RI in about 22 years!! Thanks for the great pics!!

Kay said...

I love the garbage for composting idea. I'm afraid I don't know what Hawaii is doing with their recyclables.