Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Phone Snaps

Had to travel an hour south to Keene, NH for a preop appointment for cataract surgery.  Returning I snapped this photo of the frozen Connecticut River as we crossed from VT to NH.

 


And then through the windshield this snap of Mount Ascutney.


It's snowing as I write this and forecast is a bit vague on the amounts we'll get.  Thermometer is reading 8º so the snow is very fine and dry.

As to the eye surgery - just my left eye has the cataract and surgery will happen in April.  All elective surgeries are on hold because of staffing shortages right now.  Timing is fine with me.



6 comments:

Tom said...

...my two cataract surgeries changed my life. Good luck to you, things will look a lot brighter.

acorn hollow said...

the fine snow is swirling here but not amounting to much at this point.
Such a pretty area
Cathy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely pictures. Stay warm in the snow and cold weather. I have cataracts starting too, but doctor said it will be some years before I need surgery. I hope your weekend goes well.

Margaret said...

I've had two cataract surgeries and they've given me immeasurable relief. They've also given me occasional floaters which I haven't enjoyed much.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I am waiting to have my cataract removed from my left eye. Can't wait and hope yours goes smoothly. Lovely snow shots. Have a wonderful and safe week ahead

Anvilcloud said...

I am not there yet, but apparently I am getting there. Too bad I can’t even get an eye exam these days, but I won’t elaborate.