Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Another Snow Shoe Walk

 Bitter cold weather and then a snow storm is coming our way this weekend. That means staying inside out of the cold.  Knowing that I put on my snow shoes Friday morning and headed out for a walk in the field to the woods beyond. I wasn't the only creature walking in this expanse in the last few days.  There were animal tracks all over the place but with the lighting I couldn't manage a photo of them.  Here is what I did capture.

The bridge goes over this small stream which surprisingly wasn't frozen solid.

The bridge connects this forest blueberry patch to the field. These are old, old blueberry bushes.



When I picked blueberries last summer I never even ventured across the bridge to pick.  There were too many on the bushes in the field.



The woods are quiet.



Looking back at the field the other blueberry bushes are to the left.



A better photo of my snow shoe.


Spotted this color in the snow - a young pine tree.



I started to take more photos but my battery was done.  I look forward to more walks in new snow next week.


15 comments:

acorn hollow said...

With the snow we are getting hopefully it will make for more snow shoeing. A friend and I are headed out On Sunday before the storm on monday. Sadly even we are going to get the mixing.
Cathy

Tom said...

...we are white this morning, but snow shoes aren't necessary.

Barbara Rogers said...

Golly, that stand of blueberry bushes is monstrous in size. I hope they are good blueberries too! Yep, we're due for the big snow tomorrow, everything forecast from 5-12 inches here. And some rain first, which I hate...I like walking around, or driving carefully in snow. Ice I can skip. It really immobilizes me (no snowshoes here)...they are really neat though...very small compared to the old variety!

Lea said...

Beautiful snow scenes!

Cynthia said...

I love to snowshoe. It’s a good workout. You have a beautiful place for winter walking. Hope you can enjoy the beauty of the snowstorm coming your warm and cozy by the fire .

Fun60 said...

What interesting walks you are doing in the snow.

Joyce Lynn said...

I really miss walking in the field and forest an the farm here. I really should get my bum knee take care of so I can go adventuring again.
Joyce
This may come through with Don's name since it's his account.

Marcia said...

Welcome , Joyce. My roommate from college. Her first time commenting! Yeah!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Nice pictures of your snowy walk. We haven't seen any snow yet, though plenty of frost.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Snow Shoeing looks like so much fun... I have never done it --or been anywhere where there is enough snow!!!!! I'm envious!!!

Hope you all are well and staying warm... We are having a cold, icy, snowy winter's day here!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Anvilcloud said...

From what I understand, the snow should soon be even better for you.

Vicki Lane said...

A nice little trek! Always something to see.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Our snowshoes haven't been used in a couple of years and now you have me thinking that I should venture out with them if we get more snow this week. When we bought the equipment several years ago we ventured out several times the first couple of years.

Bonnie K said...

We have had so little snow that I have yet to break out the snowshoes. Love your photos. We don't have blueberries, so I am a tad jealous.

Linda said...

Brrr! We had snow in Virginia today and now we are getting sleet on top of it.