Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Look What I Made

 


Another old shutter project.

I also refurbished that twig wreath pictured in the header.  I tried to put the bow where the part was lost.  This wreath hung unadorned on our house one year ago when the house was put up for sale.

Notice the clapboard is white still - a sorry saga of a house painter who promises and promises but fails to even show up. We are very close to canceling this contract and if we do we wonder if we will get any of the sizable 1/3 deposit back.

7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Good looking decorations. What has happened to your house painter? I'm so sorry that it's been delayed (and may be canceled with that crew.) I know you all have had lots of waiting while different construction projects were delayed. So sorry.

Tom said...

...clever!

happyone said...

Oh that is so cute - great job.
Love the twig wreath you made too.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The twig wreath and repurposed shutter are perfect for the season, Marcia. Too bad the house painter has yet to make a showing and sure hope you can recoup your deposit if you cancel the contract as it seems you have been more than patient all summer.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Mr Pumpkin man in wood

Fun60 said...

A very clever transformation of the shutter. Pity you can't do that to your no show painter.

Vicki Lane said...

Love the shutter! So clever!