Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, September 13, 2021

Mini Maine Getaway

 

We've been away - Wednesday departure and Sunday return - 4 nights traveling in Maine.  Our primary destination was Greenville, Maine on Moosehead Lake where we spent two nights.

Here's the view from our bedroom at the Greenville Inn. You can see The Katahdin, a boat that now gives cruises on the lake and you can see a seaplane landing.  Unbeknownst to us it was the 47th International Seaplane Fly In Weekend.  Luckily we had planned to check out Saturday anyway.


I have many more photos to share in upcoming blogs.

Fall has definitely started in northern Maine.




7 comments:

Tom said...

...I've been up in a seaplane two times and both times over the Adirondacks in the fall. Neat.

Kay said...

I’m wondering if you might have gone to Acadia. We loved our time there.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful! Such a nice getaway. I hope to visit Maine one day. Glad you had a good time. Have a nice week. See you again soon. :-)

Fun60 said...

Sounds a wonderful getaway. Look forward to seeing more photos.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That little taster of your trip has whetted my appetite for more!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

maine is simply one of my most favorite places.

Anvilcloud said...

It looks' like a great spot.