Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Blueberry season

 


The last slice of blueberry pie.  This was from the second pie I made recently.  Blueberries picked very locally - from my neighbors huge blueberry patch.  She charges $2 a pint and opens it only to town residents.  Blueberries were huge and sweet.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...yummy, that's the going rate here too.

Anvilcloud said...

Although a good apple pie is probably my fave, I really like blueberry pies as I tend to find them more consistently good. Apple has to be done just right but when it is it's divine. There seems to be more forgiveness with blueberry, and your piece looks scrumptious.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Blackberries will be ripening here soon - and they'll be free - and I know an apple tree that's growing in a field hedgerow which no one else seems to bother about. Blackberry and apple crumble for me then.

Fun60 said...

Sounds delicious especially when you have just picked the fruit.

Gosia said...

bluberries are very common in Poland.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I can bring the vanilla bean ice cream if you make another pie, Marcia, just saying.

Cynthia said...

Oh my, blueberry pie! Think I can smell it.