Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, June 7, 2021

Ferns and More

We took a family hike on Memorial Day.  It was a cloudy damp day but temperatures were cool so we didn't get over heated climbing to this overlook.

 

Here are daughter and son in law from Buffalo.  Granddaughter #3 not pictured.


I took lots of fern photos and some interesting rock formations too.


We saw evidence of a pileated woodpecker making a nesting cavity - lots of wood scraps on the forest floor.  Above was the cavity.


Here's another on but older.




Tiny ferns growing on rocks.









Above and below some fern group just with vivid color selected for photo below.






Ferns are up through out my yard too.  More on that to come.

It was a good week of family time.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...I am in the Adirondacks and I am enjoying the same beauty and the black flies are enjoying me.

Anvilcloud said...

So similar to parts of Ontario with those rock outcrops.

Cynthia said...

Looks like a wonderful hike and a nice day with family. We can’t hike now and haven’t been able to for several weeks because of the deer flies.

Frugally challenged said...

That looks a glorious walk! (Letter posted Friday)

Fun60 said...

I love the small rock ferns. Family time is to be treasured.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful! Ferns and rocks complement each other so well