Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Wild Flowers

 We returned to the town's forest for a hike on Saturday and to see the wildflowers.  More on the hike in another post, but here are the wildflowers I captured.  Now blogger will not put these in the order taken and there are too many to try to arrange the correct order.

Enjoy.

Daughter Emily on the trail.  She's the expert and knows where to expect certain varieties.  She has a great book organized by flower colors.


Dutchman's breeches and red trillium.


Trout lily. My daughter says that this only blooms when it has two leaves.  I have some of these on the north side of my house but only single leaves coming up.


Not wildflowers but puff balls on an old log.  Below more trillium.


Thought I got a photo of bloodroot.  Maybe that's it below.






Below is a strange one with flower below the leaves. Daughter said it was wild ginger.



Above is something related to bleeding heart. It's very similar to Dutchman's breeches below.  Leaves are different though.



A very tiny pink blossom, name unknown.


Not sure what this white flower is.















Apparently the rocky hillside where we hiked is the perfect habitat for these wildflowers.



5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I can find patc hes of white trilliums hereabouts, but erd is elusive although somebody local found one recently. I wonder if our whites are out already? I wouldn't think so.

Tom said...

...a beautiful collection of nature's gifts.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Well, Google has shuffled them up nicely for you! A lovely collection of flowers, none of which are seen here as far as I know.

Barbara Rogers said...

I missed the window of opportunity to see many of these wildflowers, since the leaves on trees mean the demise of many of them...they only show their faces in early spring! Great to see these lovelies.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

isn't it wonderful to walk in the woods and be able to see all of these beautiful flowers? i love new Hampshire and i hope you are settling in and enjoying it.