Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, March 12, 2021

Connecticut River

We took a drive into Vermont one day this past week to go to a local hardware store to look at paint colors.  We've got a contract with a painter to paint the outside of our clapboard house.  We plan to change the color from all white.  Coming home I had Dan stop so I could take a picture of the frozen Connecticut River. 





Here's a bit of history!


We've settled on a color too after another drive to look at houses in Norwich and Woodstock, VT - likely to be a medium to light gray with even lighter gray for the trim, with black for the doors.

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That is quite a bridge.

Tom said...

...that is a gorgeous bridge!

Kay said...

Our house is gray and white which I really like. Our neighbors just painted our house and said they liked our colors so much they duplicated it. Too funny. I need to look up Lafayette. I don't know much about him and why he was so famous. That is a very cool bridge.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good that you captured a pic of the ice on the river...which won't be there much longer. I like the color scheme you're thinking of following.

Kay said...

I just read about La Fayette. What an amazing man he was! It's great to remember him with that bridge.