Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Calling Humor

 



[That pull toy phone?  I still have one from when daughters were toddlers.  Granddaughters still like to play with it because of the noise it makes when they pull it.  What was so surprising was when granddaughter #3 first encountered it when she was a toddler she knew what to do with it and put the receiver to her ear.  It looks nothing like a phone these days so how did she know?]


7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

We had that middle phone (fisher price) for the kids.

Tom said...

...the first one is great.

Frugally challenged said...

Actually I remember playing with the third one when I was a child. I feel very old.

Fun60 said...

Fisher Price toys were the best. I tried to get one of those phones for the grandchildren but couldn't find one. Well done you for keeping some of your children's toys. I think I gave most of ours away which I now regret.

Margaret said...

I love the cell phone notice! :) My daughters had a phone like that too. They also had a corn popper, which I often wanted to throw into the trash!

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh yes, I love the last one...it's me!

Kay said...

My kids loved that middle pull phone toy. And like other kids these days, my granddaughter at first couldn't figure out how people used that sort of phone to place a call.