Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Winter Sports

 Snowshoeing!

Only my second time on snow shoes.  Late afternoon. Very cold. Snow had a three inch crust on it but most of the time I didn't break through.

We were on an old private airstrip.

Snow tubing!

Not me.


Cross country skiing!
Also not me.


Granddaughters are masked while skiing with friends.

Sunday we accompanied them all while they skied on groomed trails and we snowshoed. My attempt at taking a picture of the trails didn't account for snow or fog on my lens.


Ice sculpture.
This owl was created near the girls school.


Sugar maple tapping. Maybe not quite a sport but its the first time these maples have been tapped that are on our property.




Son in law has built a fire pit in his yard to boil down the sap.




6 comments:

Tom said...

...lots of fun. Until this year my idea of winter sports was walking on the beach!

Anvilcloud said...

Our favourite Maple Syrup place has started a contest of sorts to guess when the first tapping, or I get flow, will occur.

Tanza Erlambang said...

impressive Ice sculpture with beautiful background...
Thank you for sharing beautiful photos.

Fun60 said...

All looks fun but like you I would leave some of those activities to the children. Re my long distance walk this year, we postponed our Norfolk walk last April until this April but sadly we won't be out of lockdown in time. It is a big birthday for me in May and I am hoping to be able to celebrate with all the family, that might still be possible as long as the Covid numbers continue to drop!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Brrrrr---you two look cold... I've never done any of those winter sports mainly because I've always lived in the south where we don't get very cold... WELL--until this year!!!! Poor Texas (I lived there for 12 years)... All of us had a lot of ICE (so dangerous) and more snow than we usually get. The snow was pretty --but not the ice... Now--I'm ready for SPRING!!!!! ha ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Photo Cache said...

I would love to try snow shoeing.

Worth a Thousand Words