Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Snow Day

 Tuesday, February 2nd was a snow day or snow event is a better description.  Snow started after dark on Monday and continued all through Tuesday, ending at dusk.  We got more than a foot of snow.

I had intended get out in it yesterday to help with the shoveling but other needs took precedence: buying a new dishwasher! I was successful in that endeavor after researching on Consumer Reports and then looking through the local appliance store website.  I had to call then and speak to a salesman telling him my top three choices.  He called back later to tell me none available, but one very much like those, but more costly, was.  I took it.  Pandemic has put a premium of the availability of most appliances.  Dishwashers included.  It will be delivered on the 20th and installed.  Meantime we are wishing dishes by hand as the 20 year old dishwasher that was here is leaking on the floor.  From the looks of the tile it's been doing it for awhile and we just didn't notice when we did inspection.

But I digressed on this post about the snow. I got out today to take photos.  It is so lovely out there. There is little wind so all the snow accumulated on the branches is still hanging there.  As I write this I see that the wind is now picking up a bit so it may be coming down soon.

Here are some photos.











Now here was a bit of a mystery.  Two holes in the snow.


There were little tracks coming from the one below.  What animal burrows through the snow?


These are my tracks.


Only a bit of snow is still hanging on the roof.  Most of it came sliding off yesterday.
By the way, where I sit to write these posts is that window straight ahead.  My view is of the barn.


At the back slider there was quite a mountain of snow that had come down off roof.  Dan shoveled it on to  the steps to the deck.


One last view of the barn.  Can you tell I like taking photos of it?

11 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely pictures and a beautiful house!

Tom said...

...we received a beautiful snow overnight, but not as much as you.

Anvilcloud said...

I like the barn pics, the first one best.

We had a snow day (buses cancelled) with no snow here. I gather that we escaped locally but that there much in the region.

Margaret said...

I love the barn pictures and enjoy any photos of the snow, especially if it's not in my general area. :)

Marcia LaRue said...

The heavy snows are much more enjoyable when it is in someone else's yard!
Beautiful pics ... thanks for sharing!

Bonnie K said...

It looks beautiful! Love the photos. Is that quite a bit of snow for you?

Barbara Rogers said...

Wow...what beautiful snow photos. I like the barn, and the feeder covered but full...and your house. And the trees, and the path of your feet...I just feel such joy looking at these photos. Nothing like it here....so this is me having vicarious winter with you!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi, I would LOVE living in New Hampshire in winter --but George would hate it. He grew up in Indiana and always had to shovel/blow snow... BUT--I'd be scared to death for him to go up on the roof now..... I also have found that, as I age, I seem to be COLD all of the time. SO--Me thinks we need to stay right here in TN. Guess we'd better admit that we are both getting older!!!!!! ha ha

I know you love your new home --with all of that history. Older homes are definitely built better than many of the newer homes these days.

We are fine here in TN.. We have had some cold weather and snow this winter --but not nearly as much as you all got... The big snows are SO beautiful!!!!

Take care..
Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth said...

Oh, soapsuds on the branches! White foam everywhere! Love the red barn. There's a barn quilt on patcherymenagerie.blogspot.com she recently got back from her longarmer, so intricate.

Nan said...

Such beautiful photos! We didn't get nearly as much as you, but it is still so pretty.

Kay said...

It's rather funny that you got all this snow on Groundhog Day.