Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Buds

At my kitchen window is this paperwhite bulb in a jar of rocks.  It was very slow to sprout but when it did it grew over an inch a day.  I was measuring with my thumb.  Now it has a bud preparing to open.


And look the amaryllis that I showed before put up another flower stalk with this swollen bud preparing to open soon.  The last one produced seven flowers in all.  I can't tell how many flowers will be in this one.  Stay tuned for the reveal.


 

6 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

My amaryllis continues to delight and amaze me. o good to have growing, blooming plants at this time of year!

Tom said...

...I just cut off our second flower stalk. When it warms up I will built the bulb in my garden and then bright it in again in the fall.

Margaret said...

My paperwhite is long gone. I love the potential of that bloom!

Anvilcloud said...

Those windows must give you perfect light.

Bonnie K said...

There is nothing more lovely than flowers in winter.

Kay said...

Sigh... I remember growing paper whites and amaryllis when we were living in Illinois. I loved the fun of waiting for them to bloom.