Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Budding Photographer

 Oldest granddaughter who's almost 7 was over Friday afternoon.  She spied my camera on the window sill here near my desk and set out to take some photos.  I'd given her my oldest digital camera sometime ago and she remarked that this one was very similar.  She knew what to do mostly.

Here are a few of the photos she took.


I was standing at the puzzle table.


Close up of the fabric on the futon.


A long shot of one end of the great room.


Two more close ups: the rug at the front door and heat return grate on the floor.



A vase on a shelf.


My keyboard


Self portrait in the mirror in guest room. This is the one photo I edited to delete her facial features.
[The pink sticky on the door was her idea awhile ago.  There are two doors to the bathroom there so she labeled them in and out.]




Dan in the front room.


A paperweight with frost etching behind.


She took more than 40 photos, many of them blurry.  Some of these still have the blur because she hasn't quite mastered keeping still as she presses the shutter.  I think she has some talent for what will look good in a photo.

My favorite is the view of the puzzle.


9 comments:

Tom said...

...perhaps a camera would be a good present.

Anvilcloud said...

They have a different perspective being closer to ground level. :)

Vicki Lane said...

Good job! (I have trouble too with holding still.)

Barbara Rogers said...

I can't imagine learning to shoot photos when digital unlimited sights are possible! My little box camera (Brownie) from Kodak didn't have the luxury of instantly viewing what I was pointing it at...and my parents did limit the numbers of negatives they'd pay to have developed of my dog blurrily running by.

Margaret said...

I love seeing the perspective of a child. Your place is looking very homey. I think I have the same camera(or a similar one) in red. I now mostly use my cell phone. :(

Marcia LaRue said...

My goodness ... how many pieces in that puzzle? It looks to be huge!
Letting your granddaughter practice with your camera will be the best practice she can have to perfect her being able to capture the "perfect" shot!

Buttercup said...

I like the puzzle photograph, too, but there are a number of good ones. I hope she keeps at it. It's a wonderful lifetime habit. Browsing your reading list now.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

She did GREAT...tell her we loved them all! My fav is the blue paperweight with the frost on the window! Very ARTSY!!! WOW!

R's Rue said...

❤️😀😀