Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, December 18, 2020

The Day After

 What a welcome to our new house: 3 feet of snow!  "An unexpected wallop" as the local paper said in its headlines this morning.  In other words the forecast missed it!


Compare this view from my desk to the one on the header.  It's beautiful blue sky day, 4º and mountains of snow.

A knock on the door just a few minutes ago was a member of the welcoming committee!  She handed me this welcome basket.  I don't think I've ever had a welcome basket!  What a surprise.  I have yet to unpack it to see what all is there but there is a loaf of sour dough bread on the top.


Today is cookie baking day on top of minding the granddaughters so daughter and son in law can work.

I need to get out to take photos of the mountains of snow, too.


7 comments:

Marcia LaRue said...

My goodness ... the basket alone is a real keeper! I imagine the contents are pretty nice, too!

Margaret said...

The welcome basket is a lovely gesture! The 3 feet of snow, not so much.

Tom said...

...we got 3 too, but that's 3"!

Kay said...

A Welcome Committee! That is just such a wonderful start to joining a neighborhood. I love it! I remember getting some kind of thing with town information when we moved in to our neighborhood in Illinois. But this basket of goodies is just fabulous!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

It seems like you've moved into a very friendly area, I've never heard of a welcome-basket before. The welcome from the weather was a bit unnecessary though!

Anvilcloud said...

We received a welcome basket when we moved here, but I don't remember it being quite that full. With so many new subdivisions and homes being built here, I rather doubt that they have kept on doing this.

Barbara Rogers said...

You've picked a good neighborhood. I love the basket! And since you've got a full day ahead...I'll wish you success in all your endeavors!