Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, December 14, 2020

Nearing Final Move-In Step

 


The furniture arrives today!  Our next to final step to moving in.  Dan returned to the apartment this morning to meet the movers by 8 am.  I think they'll be here before lunch.  We'll be wearing our masks and have some windows open even though it's cold outside.  We've gone this long without catching Covid and don't want to catch it now.  Movers are to be masked too.

We will have to return to apartment later this week to take down the pictures from the walls and clean up.  But the good news is that everything will be done by Christmas.

11 comments:

Fun60 said...

That is good news. You have done well to get everything completed before Christmas.

Anvilcloud said...

You certainly seem to have all under control.

Tom said...

...what a time of year to move! Good luck.

Barbara Rogers said...

Well done! I've also moved a zillion times. It' great to have relatives and friends help me. I've been downsizing for the last decade or so. And I've lived in some wonderful places, as I imagine you have too!

Marcia LaRue said...

Ahhhh ... you'll be able to kick back and put your feet up come Christmas morning!
Looking forward to seeing some interior pictures of your new little home!

Cynthia said...

You’re getting there! It looks like a cute place. I love a home with a porch!

Margaret said...

How wonderful to spend Christmas in your new home!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Congrats to you and Dan on getting the move so well coordinated and how wonderful to be Home for the Holidays in your "new" home. It looks wonderful and the wreath is nice too!

Nan said...

Oh, I love the look of it! I think that is called a "farmers' porch". So happy it will all be done by Christmas!

Himawan Sant said...

Surely it will be a memorable moment to celebrate Christmas for the first time in your new home.
Good luck with everything.
Merry Christmas.

Kay said...

I remember moving into our home in Illinois in January. It did have its challenges, but you have COVID to worry about also. I'm glad everybody is trying to be careful.