Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, September 14, 2020

Another Hike

 Tuesday September 1st we joined Emily and granddaughters for a hike on the Bridle path to West Rattlesnake Mountain.  This is a very popular hike with families with kids as we found out.  There were lots of cars in the lot and lots of people on the trail.  We pulled our masks up most of the time as we passed them by.  It is a beautiful hike up, gradual with steps in places and once at the top a perfect place for a picnic lunch with a view.






First view looking south to Squam Lake.


Our destination with wider views of the Lake.


Oldest granddaughter trying her rock climbing skills.  She mastered it and must have done it 10 times.



The patterns on the rocks were interesting.


A stop off in Plymouth for ice cream on our way home. The town green was across the street with a picnic table for us to eat at.


Exhausted mountain climber.



12 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It looks very much like here.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Looks like a good hike for families with kids... It's great to see kids learning about being out in nature... So many little ones these days just sit and do things on their phones/computers/iPads, etc.....

Hugs,
Betsy

Marcia LaRue said...

Beautiful pictures ... vistas! Let's hope no fires get started in those beautiful green trees!
That counter in the ice cream parlor ... the wood is stunning! Love that!
Nothing like a lot of good, clean, fresh air to make for a wonderful naptime!
Thanks for sharing your hike with us!

Fun60 said...

My, how she's growing. Hiking as a family is a wonderful way to enjoy yourselves.

Frugally challenged said...

What a lovely walk! You mustb all be getting very fit!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I would have been exhausted too but what a fabulous place to hike. I love the patterns on the rocks and of course the views! WOW! A perfect day...in my book!

Buttercup said...

What a gorgeous day! I graduated from Mount Holyoke, but spent my junior year at Dartmouth (1970-71) in advance of coeducation. Love Hanover! Hoped to retire there one day, but now I think the winters are a little too cold for me. I hope to be at both my Holyoke and Dartmouth reunions in 2022 for my fiftieth.

Jutta.K. said...

Beautiful nature photos!
it must be wonderful to be able to live in such an area.
best regards

Lady Fi said...

So lovely!

Stewart M said...

What a splendid day out! It really looks like a great area to explore for young and older!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

PS: the honeyeaters eat nectar and pollen rather then honey! SM

Tanza Erlambang said...

green... beautiful photos

Kay said...

This is absolutely wonderful. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous photos.