Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Adjusting

 If we were still living in Maryland this would seem like a cool day for the end of August - high of 82º.

Here in New Hampshire these temps feel more like October than August.
What will winter be like?  Will we be able to adjust?

5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

The weather is unnaturally cool lately after a very hot July. I have seen predictions that it will be a snowy winter. We shall see. Be prepared. It may seem long and formidable if you are not used to it. Heck! It seems like that anyway. I don't mind winter, but it does go on and on.

Tom said...

...get your long underwear out!

Bonnie K said...

Stay warm. It went from 90 to 60 in a day.

Buttercup said...

Lots of fleeced in the winter! I spent a year in college in New Hampshire and the winter was rough. If I move back to New England -- thinking about it -- I will take advantage of every new fabric that didn't exist in 1970 to keep myself warm. The winters are rough, but the autumn is glorious.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Weather is fickle and it depends on the year, Marcia. We've lived in NH for over 4 years after moving here from the VA eastern shore, where a winter snowstorm was not the usual. As natives of NJ we're used to winter weather and missed it when living in VA. The first winter living in NH there was a blizzard and the following couple of years some storms but not that bad and last year (2019-20) we did have some smaller snows, but not a single blizzard. Dress warmly just in case this winter ❄️ season is different.