Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Keeping Occupied

What's occupying my time?

Making cards.



 Walking.  We have a marathon challenge going this month to walk a total of 26 miles.  I went over that yesterday at the halfway through the month point.  Others here met the goal weeks ago but I'll keep walking.  Yesterday walked 2 and a half miles to Lake Kittamaqundi and back.  Below James Rouse the founder of Columbia and his brother are wearing masks but not social distancing!



I spotted this three part water fountain.


And this gorgeous redbud tree.



And geese on the lake.


I'm also spending time on jigsaw puzzles.  Didn't take a finished photo, but this one went back to the drawer in the lobby yesterday.  It was fun.


I talk three times week on Zoom with granddaughter in Buffalo.  I created this puppet show for her of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.


The scenes were each on a different page of this spiral pad.


Today the challenge is to do the Three Little Pigs story for Friday.  I'm going to do it three D by making the houses out of paper and the pigs and wolf to stand on their own.

I've also been working on a new website for church using WiX.  Almost done with that but must create a manual for our pastor and admin assistant who will be the ones to keep it updated.  I'm going to have them play with the site before it goes live under our domain name.

Life goes on.




7 comments:

Marcia LaRue said...

What a clever little puppet show ... you look to be quite talented! I am really enjoying your blog!
Good to know you are up and about and going for great walks and sharing them with us! I love redbud trees!
Putting puzzles together help keep us seniors out of trouble ... LOL I just started a new 1,000 piecer down in our Rec Room a couple days ago ... it's not going to be an easy one to put together! Oh well ... I picked it out of our stash in the Library!
Enjoy your day the best way you can!

Tom said...

...are the Rouse brothers 6 feet apart? I'd be a mess without my blog, keep being creative!

Cynthia said...

My, you have been keeping busy! I’ve been keeping track of my walking miles on my new knee and I’m averaging about 20 miles a week. As it gets hot here soon I’m sure I’ll be slowing down but I have been enjoying it so far. I love the card on the right. Nice work!

Gosia said...

your cards are lovely. /take care

Anvilcloud said...

You are extremely creative.

Did you really walk 25 miles in 1 day? "Yesterday walked 2.5 miles to Lake Kittamaqundi and back. "

Anvilcloud said...

I am not a details person, so I didn't see the decimal. :)

Anne said...

What a great idea for story time with your granddaughter.. A fun time for both of you. Good luck on your marathon.. I have been walking a lot, too ,, It is good to get out of the house and enjoy some fresh air. I have been reading a lot.. You can check out my blog to see what books I have read.
I also am waiting on some herbs to plant a herb garden.

Enjoy your day and Be safe.