Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, April 6, 2020

Just Sharing


Received this photo from a staff person here at Vantage Point who received it from a new resident who hopes to move in shortly.

*************

Another week!

Nothing has gotten better.  Only more restrictions.

The big one: we must wear a mask every time we leave our apartment.

Today was laundry day so every time I stepped in the hall to go down to the laundry room I pulled up the mask.  Thankfully we have some since daughter, Emily made them for us and mailed them last week.  We had to keep them in quarantine and wash them because at the time she made them she thought she may be coming down with Covid-19.  She's okay now.  The achy body didn't develop into fever, shortness of breath or any other symptoms.  No one else in the household got sick.

Another big change for Dan the coffee drinker is that the three fancy coffee machines on the 1st and 2nd floors are now closed.  We had to get our coffee maker out of the pantry.  Fortunately we have coffee in the apartment.

One plus is we may be able to request books from our library here, but I haven't seen that in writing yet.

It's a blue sky day so a walk where there aren't many people is in the plan.

6 comments:

Tom said...

..stay put and stay well.

Terra said...

Are you allowed to go outside and go on walks? I find that refreshing. That is good you have masks and coffee, two important things.

Marcia LaRue said...

You sound like you are living at the Manor where I live! We have the very same restrictions, however, we've had no restrictions on getting books from our own little on-site library!
Will be glad to see all this end and, hopefully, we will not lose any residents to the virus and I hope the same for where you are Marcia!
Hugs from Colorado!

Cynthia said...

I sent the photo to my daughter. She is “enjoying” home schooling her four boys, age 5-11. I’m sure she can relate.

R's Rue said...

Stay safe.

Anvilcloud said...

You can't be too careful. Carry on and let's beat this thing.