Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, January 13, 2020

"Not Your B Flat Grilled Cheese"

Above is the exact quote from my husband when I served him one of these grilled cheese on Saturday evening.


The reason it's extraordinary is because besides sharp cheddar cheese, I smeared cream cheese with chives and onion on each slice of bread and included bacon between the cheese slices.

I agree with him.  Something about the cream cheese makes it really good.


I use Dave's whole grain bread.  Dan's plate has an extra quarter of a sandwich cut from mine.  He's bigger than me so I figure he should eat more.

Postscript:  I was telling my husband, Dan about this post and how I titled it.  His reaction: "No one will know what B flat means."  He said he got that expression for "ordinary" from someone who played in one of the armed forces bands.  B flat is the tuning note for bands thus just an ordinary note, nothing special.  Now you know if you didn't before.

9 comments:

Terra said...

What a feast.

Tom said...

...I guess that I like B flat grilled cheese.

Fun60 said...

Sounds very tasty.

Cynthia said...

That’s quite a griiled cheese sandwich! The bread looks especially good. I never would have guessed what the title meant so I’m glad you provided an explanation!

doodles n daydreams said...

We had ham and cheese toasted sandwiches for lunch yesterday - I must try the cream cheese with it next time.
Diana

diane b said...

Glad you explained the saying. It's a good one.The meal looks delicious.

Anvilcloud said...

Good idea about the extras. We add bacon on occasion, but I will try to keep the cream cheese in mind.

I was wondering about b flat.

CLM said...

I added some Tzatziki to my grilled cheese the other night and was similarly impressed!

Kay said...

Oh my! That looks so delicious!