Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Foto Friday Plus

Another selection of photos from Barcelona all involve looking up!


This statue intrigued us and after some research we discovered it was a phoenix ridden by a boy.  It was the symbol of an insurance company.


This is one of the houses on the Block of Discord.  Looks like masks.


Sagrada Familia and below what's on top of those spires.



Above and below the old Hospital of Saint Peter and Saint Paul.



I'm not recalling very well where this stained glass was from.




Old Roman wall in Terragona.


The balcony of the Palace of Music -  each column is different.


The funicular taking us to the top of Montserrat.  To get any higher required a hike.


And Dan looking up or maybe not on the wall overlooking the Mediterranean in Terragona.

Life is busy this week and next.  Daughter, Sarah and granddaughter are here until the 6th.  Sarah is commuting to DC for work and granddaughter is with us.  Since July when they moved to Buffalo Sarah has been telecommuting!  It's very fun to have granddaughter here, but when she naps I nap too!

Thankfully the playground is right next door.  That's our home Residences at Vantage Point in background.


There's another park across from that at a church.  The pond has. net to keep the leaves out this winter.


That was yesterday.  Today was a trip to story time at library.  I could put granddaughter in carseat but once at the library I couldn't push the button to release her.  My thumbs have no strength.  I asked a woman passing by to do it for me.  When we returned to Vantage Point I called Dan to the garage to do it.  Next time I'll try a tool before we leave.

Granddaughter brings joy wherever she goes here in this "old folks home"!



6 comments:

Bonnie K said...

Barcelona looked nice and warm. Thanks for the tour.

Tom said...

...car seats can be such a pain, I'm glad that are youngest grandkids don't need them anymore.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

There is always a lot to see looking up and you have shown us some looking images Marcia.

Anvilcloud said...

When we took a local walking tour downtown, our guide said how she constantly looks up.I guess I miss a lot as I tend to look down, not to see, but to be lost in my own swirl of thoughts.

Fun60 said...

How lovely to spend so much time with your granddaughter. Must admit I am exhausted when I look after mine. It's a few years since I was in Barcelona so your photos are a great reminder of the very unusual architecture within the city.

Cynthia said...

Some of those Barcelona pictures are fascinating. I’d probably walk around bumping into things as there is so much to see by keeping your eyes in the air! What fun to have visitors, especially the busy little one. You are smart to take advantage of her nap time to recharge! We