Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The More I Hear the More I'm Impressed

So Pete Buttigieg, Democratic candidate for President has made the 65,000 threshold to be on the stage at the debates. You may have already read that if you were one of his donors as I was.


He was on MSNBC today and I just listened to the interview on uTube. 

He is really impressing me more each time I hear him answer.

Take a listen here and here.


Postscript:
Read these comments on the 1A website that Nan directed me to in her comment below.
I live in South Bend. Mayor Pete has positively changed our city for the better by refusing to let us be defined by our past and including our voices in our joint vision of the future. We had empty storefronts where signs were posted asking us to suggest what we would like to see. Citizen input, hand in hand with his government, has shaped our focus on utilizing our massive park system as a draw to the community. He made himself available regularly to talk and especially, to listen. He has vision, intelligence and guts.

 
He is an excellent mayor and, although I support his presidential bid, I am also very sad to see him leave South Bend, my hometown. But I think we have always known that Peter is too good to keep to ourselves...


  • 5 comments:

    Nan said...

    Me, too!!!!

    Kay said...

    Wow! I hadn’t even heard much of him yet. I shall have to pay for attention.

    Nan said...

    I couldn't watch the link. I couldn't stand the way that guy interrupted him!! I have no regular television anymore, and my news comes from NPR. Joshua Johnson had a great interview with him, where I first heard of him.
    https://the1a.org/shows/2019-02-19/pete-buttigieg

    1st Man said...

    Thanks for posting this. We watched his CNN townhall (it's on youtube if anyone wants to look for it). One of the best town halls I have ever seen handled by any candidate of either party. He answered the questions with solutions, he didn't venture off to other topics other than the question and wow, he's just so intelligent and well spoken. We gave to him as well so he could make the debate threshold.

    Mind you, we're in Texas, we saw Beto for more than a year. He's great too (and I like Kamala) but Pete, well, he is just crazy smart. Oh, and he speaks seven languages, he's a Harvard top of class graduate and a Rhodes Scholar. Oh and he plays the piano. What's not to love? Ha. It's still a long way off but I hope people give him a chance. I think they will be impressed too.

    Cynthia said...

    What a breath of fresh air he would bring to the office. But, no one could pronounce his name!