Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, March 29, 2019

Spring Shows Itself

Took a walk today to Whole Foods for lunch.

Spotted these skunk cabbage leaves sprouting from the wetlands along the trail.


The floor of the woods is greening and the wild daffodils or maybe escapees are blooming under the bare trees.



Some of the trees along this pathway are tagged with numbers. They are likely ash trees that are marked for removal because of the emerald ash borer which has afflicted all the ash trees in the area.


No sun today nor rain, just a cloud cover with mild temperatures.

I'm heading to Arizona on Monday to enjoy some warmer weather.  I have some posts in the queue for while I'm gone.

Hope your keeping up on Pete Buttigieg.

Here's a great article in the New Republic about Mayor Pete.

Here's another in the SF Chronicle

A finally a speech he gave in Columbia, SC

5 comments:

Tom said...

...have a great time in Arizona!

Bonnie K said...

At least you can see the ground. Spring is just around the corner. Enjoy the warm weather and sunshine.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

yes spring is arriving slowly and have a great trip. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Cynthia said...

I always for excited at the appearance of skunk cabbage in Minnesota. It is first sign of green and the harbinger of the explosion of color that is to come. Have a good trip to Arizona.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hope you have an amazing trip ---and send us some pretty Arizona pictures....

Spring IS starting in your area.... Too bad about the Ash trees.... We are losing so many of our pretty Hemlocks in this area.... SAD.

Have fun.
Hugs,
Betsy