Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Snow!

It snowed overnight and continues even now as I write this on Sunday morning.

Church is canceled.  Family gathering in Virginia postponed for a month. A visit with youngest granddaughter will have to wait for another time.

This is the first significant snow we have had since moving to Vantage House in the summer of 2016. Thankfully we don't have a long steep driveway to shovel and snow blow. We can sit warm in our apartment and watch the snowflakes fall.  Or take a walk outside and enjoy it.

What fun!

Table on balcony coated.


The lake iced and snow covered.


Roads barely passable.


All covered in white from here on 11th floor.

Postscript:

Went for our walk





Second postscript at 7 pm.
Storm was to end at 4 pm but it strengthened and now will dump more snow until midnight.  Roads that were clear are now snow covered again.  Snowing so heavily we can see it in the dark passing our windows.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...snow often looks best from the inside.

Jean said...

Beautiful photos. I love snow.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Gorgeous snow scenes

Cynthia said...

So pretty. I bet it was nice to get out and enjoy it as it’s probably not so common for you.

Marcia said...

The last big snowstorm like this was January 2016 before we had moving to this retirement home even on our radar. We have had less and less snow as our climate changes and warms.

Fun60 said...

It looks so picturesque.

Kay said...

My son sent photos to us showing how the grandsons were enjoying this first huge snowfall. I just hope he was able to drive to work OK. That's a lot of snow!