Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Surgery on Monday

I am having out patient surgery on my left thumb on Monday morning.  It has become too painful to continue without fixing it.  My right thumb has similar issues and even though I'm right handed, it's the left that has given me the most pain.

I've been wearing this brace which immobilizes the joint and provides some relief.  But thumbs are so necessary for doing so much.



The doctor assured me its a quick and easy fix and I'll be pain free once it heals.  He will remove the tiny bone that has no cartilage and replace it with a bit of tendon from my arm.  Not sure I totally understand how that will work but take his word for it that it will.


That being said, I may be MIA for a week or so.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...my hands and feet are stiff and don't move the way I'd like. Too bad they can't put some grease fittings in! Good luck.

Elaine said...

Very best wishes for Monday!

Silver in AZ said...

I'm so sorry that it's come to this. I'll keep you and your surgeon in my prayers. Hope the healing is fast and uneventful!

Gosia said...

Take care

Cynthia said...

Sorry you have to have surgery. I hope all goes well and heals quickly. It's wonderful that you will be without pain when all is over. Take care!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Prayers for you. Hope everything goes well..

Hugs,
Betsy

Dawn Y. said...

My thoughts will be with you on Monday, Marcia. Wishing you a complete recovery. Take time to read and relax as you heal.��

Bonnie K said...

Good luck on your pending surgery. Hopefully the pain will subside.

Fun60 said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Cranberry Morning said...

Had to come back here to read about your surgery. I hope you have a full and fast recovery!

Kay said...

I'm so sorry for all you're going through. I definitely know what you're going through. It really does cramp our ability to do what we need to do.