Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, July 1, 2018

A Walk I Like to Take

I like to walk around Wilde Lake here in downtown Columbia, MD.

Looking back at my starting point: Vantage House,


I head down the sidewalk to


Little Patuxent Parkway where I wait for the walk light.


Along the sidewalk on the other side,


I turn left and connect with the pathway around the lake.


My first view of the lake is the dam.


I take a right and head up a slight hill


where I can see the dam up close.


Then there's the lake.


Continuing on the path takes me to a dock of sorts.


Across the street is one of the original houses predating Columbia.


The house has been added on to over the years and


has become rather large.



Farther down the path I can see an original barn



with its very red roof.


The lake is surrounded by a mix of condominium apartments, townhomes, and single family houses.




At the top end of the lake I cross a bridge over the stream that fills the lake



and turn left.



On this side the path brings me to a street so



I have to walk on the sidewalk for a bit.



Eventually the path appears again on my left and I return to walk along the lake.




The path makes many turns going around several coves.





One last look at the lake before heading 


downhill with the dam on my left.



The last stretch back to the sidewalk.


Glancing to my right I can see Vantage House, my home, above the tree line in the distance.


I return there after enjoying a great walk around the lake.



6 comments:

Tom said...

...I can see why you enjoy it.

Silver in AZ said...

what an absolutely glorious walk/area. You are so lucky!

Gosia said...

great place for walking

Fun60 said...

I enjoyed that post very much. So interesting to have a glimpse of your neighbourhood. All our hotels on the walk were booked through an Irish company called 'Camino walks'. Your memory is excellent as it was the first anniversary of my mother's death whilst I was away.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

A fabulos walk to the lake Marcia. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a great walk you had and what a gorgeous area.

Thanks again for the blog info. I am now getting comments. Yeah!!

Hugs,
Betsy