Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Restaurant Recommendation

The Chesapeake Bay region is known for seafood.  If you come to Maryland you must experience it.

Sunday the 10th after church we drove an hour north to Havre de Grace, MD which is at the mouth of the Susquehanna River as it enters the Chesapeake Bay.  I remember reading somewhere that the bay is really the continuation of the river but an asteroid strike carved out a larger area forming what is now the bay.


It was lunch time so from the GPS I selected the Tidewater Grille right on the water.

We were seated outside, with a nice breeze that got cooler as we sat there.  Before our crab bite appetizer arrived the rain had started and all who were outside scurried into the bar area to complete our meals.






No photo of the crab bites, sorry!  But here are the salads we had.




We would have liked to explore the town more but the rain was too steady for walking along the water and through the streets.  See the rain on the windshield? We headed home after driving around.


We'll come back another day.









5 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm sorry that it rained on your parade.

Silver in AZ said...

what a gorgeous salad! Sorry the rain spoiled the day. Hopefully next time the weather will be much more cooperative!

Fun60 said...

My kind of food but such a pit yit poured down. As much as I would like to, I don't think I will be visiting the U.S.A again until you have a new President

Jean said...

I have been to the USA twice but not reached Maryland although I always thought it looked lovely and your photos confirm that. The salads look delicious.

Gosia said...

looks yummy