Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Scotland - Outside Dunblane Cathedral

I had a request for photos of the cemetery outside the Dunblane Cathedral by Anne of Annes Creative Cornucopia

And since I see I haven't posted in over a week, thank you Anne for the suggestion.  Life has been so very busy that's about all the reason I can give for so few postings.

Enjoy these scenes on different days of the  lichen covered headstones in the cemetery that completely surrounds the cathedral.











SaveSave

12 comments:

1st Man said...

Incredible!!! It looks like a movie set and being real makes it that much more astounding. Peaceful is a good word. And quiet, it seems like it would be very quiet.

Stewart M said...

These sorts of building are wonderful - just so many stories.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Gosia said...

History is the great teacher

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I love looking at old building like this

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I love your posts. Dunblane Cathedral is gorgeous--both on the inside and outside. We would love to visit there and visit all of Scotland's old churches/cathedrals. AMAZING.

Happy Thanksgiving....

I am thankful for YOU....

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that beautiful building:)
Happy Thanksgiving...

Betty J. Crow said...

Beautiful church. Love seeing the old grave stones, too.

Tom said...

...delightful, have a Happy Thanksgiving.

VioletSky said...

Thank you for these!!
It has been a few years since I was in Dunblane and would love to go back and explore (on my own with my camera!)

diane b said...

Fascinating grave yard. I would like to read the headstones.

Blogoratti said...

Such a grand and beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

betty-NZ said...

Fabulous church and graveyard! Most of the churches that I see are small ones so this one is special for me. Love the grave stones.