Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Celebrating the 4th

Using the fireworks setting on the camera, here is what the fireworks looked like in downtown Columbia, from the penthouse level of Vantage House.  We were at a party in one of the lovely penthouses.  They had chairs all set up on their patios to view the display.  As were awaiting the event we could see other displays on the horizon all around us.






There was almost a full moon.


As more and more fireworks exploded the smoke started blocking some of the display.


















2 comments:

Tom said...

...how neat, I've never tried to photograph fireworks.

Dawn Y. said...

Spectacular photos, Marcia!! I wonder if my camera has a fireworks setting. I must check it out... for next year's festivities. Hope your garden bed is thriving this summer!