Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

A Mix of Random Items

Daylight savings time starts tonight.  We always change the clocks on Saturday morning so we have the weekend to get used to it.  It's easy when there isn't anywhere special we need to be.  More difficult when we have to be somewhere at a particular time.

I'm writing this at 10:30 and look what the clock on my desk says. 

Just finished a great, engrossing book.  "War Brides" by Helen Bryan.
[I read another book that she wrote after this one that wasn't quite as good: "The Sisterhood".]
If you like historical fiction, you'll like this one.


My husband has started drinking probiotic drinks because he read its good for digestion.  The only one I like so far is mango coconut.  It definitely is an acquired taste because of the fermenting.  We can only find these at Whole Foods.


For Christmas I got a bonsai jade plant.  I have trouble keeping it moist.  The soil has a crust on it so the water rolls off if I pour too fast.  Today I plan to replace the soil with new soil.


With Spring on its way time to pull out the psyanka eggs.  I bought some jumbo sized eggs to make some more decorated ones.  Maybe today.


My husband finished the oil painting he has been working on since we moved to our two bedroom apartment.  He posted about it on his blog this morning.  Check it out and leave him a comment.  He will be thrilled.

3 comments:

Tom said...

...since we lost power, all our clocks are flashing, who hows what time it is.

Cynthia said...

Use remembered to change the clocks but still feel confused when suddenly it was lunchtime already. It will take awhile to adjust and I wonder why it's so much harder to "spring ahead" than "fall back". Love the eggs!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love the eggs.... Reminds me that it is going to be Spring soon. We are supposed to go down into the TEENS tomorrow and Wednesday. BAD BAD BAD for our plants/flowers.... YIPES...

I despise time changes... Messes up my brain and body for several days... ha

Hope you all don't get that blizzard....

Hugs,
Betsy