Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

You Know It's Spring When ...

... the frogs congregate in the pond and croak their hearts out to attract the females.

As I prepare this house for sale I realize I need to celebrate the last things I will experience on this property.  

Last night it was an owl call.  I may hear it again, but if I don't it was the last one to be heard while laying in bed falling asleep.

Yesterday while I was pruning, I realized my stewardship of this land is coming to an end.  It was the last time to prune the hibiscus, the hydrangeas, and the Joe Pye weed.

Here they are as they looked last year.  Yesterday they were just sticks,



 


And as the frogs are croaking, its the last spring I will hear them do that from this pond.
Let me share with you the sound and sight.


Well, that didn't work so here's some photos instead.






And this little fellow decided the shortest way to where he was going was through the screen porch.  I watched him try to get through the screen in vain.  Later he appeared inside the screen so he must have found a way in at one of the bases of the beams.  I had to shoo him out with a broom.  He was headed away from the pond.





7 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Hi Marcia This i too ong and a little complicated to put on a reply and I canot see an emal on your site. My email is in RH column near rhe top if you are still interested in knowing how to up lead a video to your blog. I am going away tomrrow for 2 weeks so it might be a little time before I can reply. Oncce you know how, it is easy. Well that is life, isn't it?

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Yes,I think you are right, take down personal and declutter. Less is good andmakes the place bigger looking. Love the frogs in the pool. You will probably miss the pool.

Tom said...

the rebirth of spring is a joy!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is sad leaving a home you have known for a long time. I hope you enjoy your new home. I love the frogs, we were hearing a lot of frogs yesterday. Pretty flowers and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) Your flowers are so beautiful, and someone will enjoy their beauty and the care you have taken of them. I too hope you enjoy your new abode. Loved your frog pictures, ours are croaking away making such a loud noise.Have a happy weekend.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Before reading your comment on my blog post, I HAD read about your news (which surprised me)... Since I get your blogs on my email, I can read them there before pulling them up on your site.... I wanted to respond then --but we were on the road traveling to celebrate G's birthday... SO--I'm just now getting back to your news...

I'm happy for you IF you are happy with your decision. I'm sure there will come a time when we'll be doing something similar... In some ways, it would be nice not having to worry about the deer eating our flowers or about all of the yard upkeep... BUT---we still enjoy our yard --and feel as if (as long as we are healthy), we will stay here...

What made you decide to make the move NOW? Had you not discussed it before? Are you both in good health? So many questions.....

Well, my friend, I'm happy for you --and your hubby. Keep me posted.

Love,
Betsy

A Colorful World said...

I understand what you are feeling right now. I didn't know you had decided to move...is it to a retirement community? Mom left her wonderful house and yard when it became too much for her, and is doing well in her Seniors Apartment. But, it is hard to leave so many memories, and the joys one has held each day of the surroundings. Loved your beautiful, melancholy post!