Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Off the Checklist

Every gardener has one: a checklist of things to do, a checklist of changes to be made, a checklist of ideas to try, etc, etc.  Rather than sharing any one of those checklists, I'm going to share items that have been checked off.

Checked off from the changes to be made list - redo walkway path in the front garden.  Jim of Walnut Fields Landscaping came very highly recommended by Sun Nursery so I contacted him in late January we came to an agreeable price and yesterday with snow melted he made the transformation.


Nice large stepping stones.
Checked off from the things to do list - cutting back old growth.  I pruned the butterfly bushes and hydrangeas in the front garden.  And cut back the grasses in the pond garden.


Before of the grasses at the pond.


Today is to be another warmer day so maybe more from the checklist will be check off.

And look at what has come out in the spring sunshine.











5 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Great photos of your landscape workings for OWT ~ love it ~ xxx

artmusedog and carol

Jill Harrison said...

it must be nice to get out into your garden after the snow has melted. I have pruning to do here too - maybe net weekend!
Have a wonderful week. I am joining you through Our World Tuesday.

Stewart M said...

I have a check list - but I keep forgetting to check it!!

Nice post.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Fun60 said...

You have been busy. That new path looks great. A real invitation to get out in the garden.

Fun60 said...

My garden needs a complete overhaul but I keep putting it off. Thank you for the comments on my blog. I wanted to send you an email but your address isn't on your profile.So in answer to your question, I have been to the Cotswolds and it is a beautiful area of England. So many quaint villages that I'm sure you will love wandering around them as well as enjoying the surrounding countryside. As you may have guessed from my blog I love London and like nothing better than to explore its many different facets. I always find it difficult when asked what someone should see when they are visiting. The top tourists places to visit are top for a reason and that is probably where a firstcomer should start. My top 3 would be Buckingham Palace (only open in the Summer), Tower of London and the National Art Gallery. If I walked around the streets of London everyday for a year I still would not see everything there is to see.