Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, August 30, 2013

To Pittsburgh, Pa -Part 4

This is the last is a series on our trip to Pittsburgh, Pa to visit my brother.  We took our bikes along and spent last Saturday morning biking along a wonderful trail that runs along the Allegheny River.

It was a lovely day for a bike ride.


Trail we were on viewed from a bridge above during a water break.


We biked to the fountain too after crossing the river.



Statue of Mr. Rogers of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood fame which originated from Pittsburgh.


Dan at a water break.


My brother Phil checking for messages.




Incline railroad.


One bridge was covered with crocheted afghans.





Phil, his wife, Marcie, and Dan.


My brother's house.

It was a wonderful trip to Pittsburgh!


3 comments:

Latane Barton said...

What a lovely bike ride. So much to see. I know you enjoyed it.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Loved this wander in your world. Great views. And so love the beauty of those afghans hanging on the bridge. What a grand idea for display.

Unknown said...

I love those colourful afghans on the bridge.