Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Agatha Christie

In January I came upon a new paperback of one of Agatha Christie's mysteries featuring Miss Marple.  I hadn't read one of these in years so checked it out.  As I began to read I realized it was a familiar story, but an interesting thing happened.  I was forming pictures in my mind of the characters and the setting but once I realized I had read it before I also remembered how I had pictured it before and it was entirely different.  I decided to stick with my present visualization of the story because I remembered that my first one was much darker and foreboding.  It was still fun rereading the story even though I did remember who did it.  The book by the way was "Sleeping Murder".

Once I finished the book I set a challenge to myself to read all of Agatha Christie's books.  I'm sure there is a challenge out there in the blogging world to do just that but I'm too lazy to go looking so it will be my own personal challenge.  I photocopied the front listing of all her books so as I read I can check them off.  Since I'll be reading other books as well this may be more than a one year challenge (especially once spring comes and the garden calls.)  But for now I have the time to read and enjoy it.

So far I've been sticking to the Miss Marple series and this week finished "At Bertram's Hotel" and "Caribbean Mystery".  The former I had never read but the latter was somewhat familiar.

1 comment:

HolleyGarden said...

Have fun reading! I saw a very old (40's maybe?) movie about Miss Marple, and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to put that image out of my head. Maybe AFTER you read all of them, you will look up that old movie and see the differences in your image vs. hollywood's!