Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

State of the Vegetable Garden

 Before - the tomatoes are dying out.


 After - the beans and tomatoes have been removed and greens planted: spinach, bok choy, tatsoi, and lettuces.

 
 Before - tomatoes in background on their way out.

 After - tomatoes gone.  Cucumbers left to grow on fence since still flowering.
Lettuce under netting trimmed of sun-scalded leaves and more greens planted.

 Cherry tomatoes left.  Will they ripen?

 Basil doing very well.  Time to pick some of it.

A harvest of a small handful of beans, three peppers, a cucumber, and green and one yellow tomato.


Peppers left alone since they are still flowering.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I bet your cherries will ripen. I need to do some garden clean up too.

Robin said...

You are so good having your fall garden planted! I am so so behind...as usual!

I think that there is plenty of sunshine and warmth left for those tomatoes to ripen!

jeanlivingsimple said...

Your Basil looks great!