Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Visitor

This doe has made it a habit of late to stop by this one bird feeder to munch on some sunflower seeds. Food is scarce in the woods and fields, I guess. She had her two yearling offsprings with her but they scooted before I could get them on camera.

She didn't know quite what to make of me. She couldn't hear me but she could see me through my window.

My presence stopped her from eating then she ambled down the hill behind her into the glen.

There are some new shoots of skunk cabbage just showing down in the creek in the glen but I don't think that's on her list of likes. I will be spraying with Liquid Fence very soon as the shoots of the likes start showing. She will bypass my gardens when she gets a whiff of that scent and her yearlings will learn to do the same.

No comments: