Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, September 20, 2010

September Harvest Monday



The theme of harvests this week was tomatoes, beans, zucchini, eggplant and peppers. The tomatoes are needing to be sauced and the beans are needing to be eaten. The rest have long since been used for meals.

It's time for the eggplant to be pulled from the garden and composted. I think the tomatoes will have the same fate. There are a few small zucchinis out there which may be added to dinner this week before those plants are compost.

For the fall I have beets and snowpeas growing, but the spinach is a no show! I'll have to plant garlic soon, too.

See other harvests at Daphne's Dandelions.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Those beans look wonderful! Nice harvest pictures. I found you through Harvest Monday, btw.

martha said...

Ooo, that's a good looking eggplant. Over all, that's an excellent harvest for so late in the year!

Debbie in MS said...

There is always a little sadness for me when I have to start pulling plants at the end of the season. BUT then... there is delight in planning for the next round of crops.

Your harvest looks beautiful.

Sense of Home Kitchen said...

Nice looking eggplant and tomatoes, a future eggplant parmesan perhaps!

-Brenda

Daphne Gould said...

I need to get out and pull up some tomatoes too. I think they are ready to come out. Not all of them but a few plants.

Ottawa Gardener said...

Wow, it is almost garlic planting time. How the season speeds along.