Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First Tomato




The first tomato of the 2010 season is an Amish Paste tomato. Unfortunately it got its genomes crossed and instead of growing long and cylindrical it tried to become a sphere like other varieties.

2 comments:

Dan said...

You can get some really interesting tomatoes when you grow them yourself. Unless they are real mutants I just cut the scabby part out.

Emily said...

Hooray for the first tomato! I'm getting close too. One of my cherry tomatoes is starting to show color.