Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Harvest Monday

Here's my Sunday harvest of spinach, a few beet greens, a few buttercrunch lettuce leaves, and green onions for a salad to serve on Mother's Day. Check out the other harvests at Daphne's Dandelions.

5 comments:

Daphne Gould said...

That looks like a really tasty salad in the making. I really need to get some onions for my salad. Next year I should start them earlier.

Dave @ HappyAcres said...

That is a nice looking basket of salad fixin's!

Marcia said...

It was a good salad but since i was feeding 6 I had to augment it with store bought greens.

I planted onion plants and sets and had too many. The leftover sets went to Emily but the plants I stuck in really close and am using them for scallions. They will have to go soon to make room for other veggies.

Anonymous said...

Lovely green harvest. I love the onions, mine are all out, as they started to bolt.

Ottawa Gardener said...

Looks yummy!