Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, February 16, 2009

New Neighbors

I wish I had a photo to show the new neighbors we have .... living under our deck!

We've seen them a couple of times and most recently early this morning. In the latter case I believe the raccoon was returning from a night out. It calmly walked across the backyard from the feeder to the deck and ducked underneath. We've seen at least two and we've heard them squeal. At what? We don't know.

My one hope is that they have moved out the previous occupant - the groundhog - because I don't think the raccoons will eat my plants like the groundhog loved to do.

No comments: