Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Have You Ever ...

... seen a squirrel pee? I hadn't either until this morning.

I was on the return leg of my mile round trip to get the newspaper (The NY Times now - no longer the Baltimore Sun, but that's another story). As I was passing the stone wall that borders the lane for a portion of it, I heard the sound of falling water hitting leaves. I knew it wasn't warm enough to be melting snow nor was there any snow left in the upper branches of the trees. I looked up to see the source and spied a squirrel. He was laying on a branch of a very old cedar tree, one of three that has been growing along this old stone wall for a very long time. I looked again at the spot where the "water" was reaching the ground then back at the squirrel. Yes it was coming from him/her. To paraphrase an expression of someone very dear to me: "All the world is a squirrel's room."

No comments: