Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Teddy Roosevelt

Last night I finished "The River of Doubt" by Candice Millard. Teddy Roosevelt, ex-president undertakes a very fool-hardy exploration of a tributary of the Amazon River in 1913-1914. The book was a spell binding adventure story with lots of tidbits of information about the flora and fauna of the Amazon region. I knew that Roosevelt survived the trip but didn't know whether the other main characters were as lucky.

The other book I finished just a short time ago was a quick read: the latest Maisie Dobbs mystery - "Among the Mad". I've read them all now so will move on to other books I've purchased including "Sarah's Key".

No comments: