Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Winter Spinach

On Christmas Eve my daughter Emily wanted to make a quinoa recipe that needed spinach. I didn't have any fresh or frozen to use except what was in the garden under 20 inches of snow. She said it should be fine so she borrowed my boots and went out to scoop the snow off. She came back in with a basketful which she used to make quinoa au gratin with spinach, nice accompaniment to the broiled shrimp.


A basketful of spinach and snow.

No comments: