Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Wreath Making

 My daughter brought balsam fir boughs to our basement and we set up shop to make wreaths.  Sorry no photos of the work area but take my word for it, it's a mess with needles and branches all over.

You've seen the wreath I made for our front porch on my header.

Here's another one I made and attached to one old single snowshoe that we found in the barn loft.  

Funny that the house doesn't look as yellow as the photo of the porch wreath.

This wreath is hanging by our side door.  In New England most people don't use their front doors.

This afternoon granddaughters came over with Emily and we helped them make wreaths to give to their teachers.  I worked with granddaughter number 2.  She decided the pattern of dried flowers and helped select the bundles which I wired on a metal wreath frame.  We got halfway finished and she said, "Nana, you can finish it!"


The one I helped with is on the left.

postscript:

Here's the one Emily made last week for her new door. She's the pro!



12 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the snow shoe.

Bindu said...

You had a great time with the grandkids.
I can see why the kid wants you to finish the work!

Tom said...

...Emily certainly is a pro!

Marcia LaRue said...

Those are all quite beautiful!

Barbara Rogers said...

Such pretty wreathes, and fun to make and then remember as you share with everyone who visits (or reads your blog!!)

Sami said...

First time visitor to your blog. Good luck with your life change Marcia, it takes guts!
Beautiful wreaths, I've never attempted making one, I just use one in my front door, that I've had for about 15 years!

Taken For Granted said...

Fine looking wreaths. She has the skill down.

Margaret said...

Those are beautiful. I don't have a wreath this year but you've made me want one.

Cynthia said...

They are all beautiful but the snowshoe one is special. I’ve walked a lot of miles on snowshoes in my day!

Vicki Lane said...

These are all lovely but the snowshoe one is really special!

Anvilcloud said...

You are both pretty good at this.

Latane Barton said...

I've found a new enterprize for you and Emily to enter into.. Those wreaths are so beautiful so you ought to go into business! Merry Christmas, dear friend.