Readers, Welcome to my blog (formerly Birds, Blooms, Books, etc). I'm entering a new decade taking on the challenge of moving from Maryland after living there 46 years and learning about my new home here in New England in the Live Free or Die state - New Hampshire. Join me as a write this new chapter of my life.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Near Disaster


Recognize that silhouette? Yes, it's a hummingbird and it caught its beak in the screen on the porch, the upper part. It was frantic, beating its wings, calling out trying to extricate itself. I thought at first it was after a bug so I went out on the porch expecting that my presence would send it on its way, but that wasn't the case. I called Dan to come since he was taller, but not tall enough to reach it. He went to the garage for the step ladder and as he carried it to the porch, the hummingbird's last pull of its head brought its beak out and it flew off. I still can't figure how it got caught in the first place.

1 comment:

HolleyGarden said...

Poor thing. Glad it escaped and is fine.