Thursday I had a package on the front porch that I didn't recognize. I opened it and lo and behold it was the 100 postcards I signed up to write a note on for Moms Rising. All my 100 postcards are addressed to women in North Carolina. I hope I can inspire them to vote.
![]() |
| I blanked out the names and addresses. |
Anyone else get these in the mail?
*****
Here are some scenes from the yard.
First up this little butterfly. Anyone know what kind it is?
Lots of tasks awaiting me in the garden beds. Such as cutting back the peonies.
Here are the Shasta daisies running amok. I managed to find the white iris from Vicki Lane and move it but the whole bed of daisies needs a major clean out. I put in a call to Garden Club members to see if anyone wants some and got three "yes" responses so far. I did move some to behind the compost bin where they can grow to their heart's desire forming a screen for the new library.
We were to get frost this past week but got fog each morning instead. So I still have lovely red dahlias.
Once the frost does hit, I'll dig up these tubers, wrap them in newspapers and put them in the cellar for the winter.
The pink sedum is lovely this year. Another reason to thin the daisies.
*****
Even as I post this last shot of the hill behind us I realize it doesn't look like this anymore. The colors are more pronounced since I took this picture last week.
Even our maple is no longer half and half as shown below.
Today and tomorrow we will be getting the rain from the nor-easter off and on. It's bringing the leaves down too.

No comments:
Post a Comment